- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- How We Share Information
- Your Choices
- How We Protect And Retain Information
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries
- Third-Party Applications/Websites
- Contact Information
- Additional Information For California Residents
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you interact with us on our website or mobile application, or at one of our stores, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you register for an account, sign up to receive communications from us, place an order/make a purchase, sign up for a service subscription, or contact us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- From other sources, including, for example, our affiliates, business partners, service providers, online social media networks, other third parties, and publicly available sources.
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect in a variety of contexts and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data|
|Account Registration||We collect your name and contact information when you create an account. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.||We have a legitimate interest in providing account-related functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.|
|Vendor Information||We may collect information about the employees of companies with whom we do business, including name, email address, and mailing address.||We have a legitimate interest in contacting our vendors and their employees to communicate with them concerning normal business administration, such as products, services, and billing, and to otherwise provide our products and services to our guests.|
|Cookies and Third-Party Tracking||We may place tracking technology on our website that collects analytics, records how you interact with our website, or allows us to participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can report analytics to us or provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That third party might also collect information over time and across different websites in order to serve advertisements on our website or other websites.||Where required by law, we base the use of third-party cookies upon consent. Please see our Cookie Preference Center for more information. Users in jurisdictions where consent is not required by law (e.g., the United States) may find information on how to disable targeted advertising in the Your Choices section below.|
|Demographic Information||We collect personal information, such as the age or location of our customers.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services.|
|Distance Information||When you are logged in on our mobile application, we collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location and your distance from a store that sells our products.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services. In some contexts, our use is also based upon your consent to provide us with geolocation information.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains, and make purchases.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Job Applicants||If you apply for a job posting, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.||We have a legitimate interest in collecting information to make employment-related decisions (e.g., hiring for new positions). If you become an employee, you will receive a separate privacy notice that describes how we collect, use, and share information about our employees.|
|Inquiries, Comments, Feedback, and Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support or for inquiries regarding an order, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest in responding to or following up on your comments, reviews, inquiries, and other requests.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we collect your email address or postal address.||We have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products and services within individuals who ask for it or who purchase our products.|
|Mobile Devices||We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when visiting one of our stores.||We have a legitimate interest in identifying unique visitors and in understanding how users interact with us on their mobile devices.|
|Order Placement||We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit or debit card number, and/or bank account information when you place an order.||We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with products or services.|
|Partner Promotion||We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.||We have a legitimate interest in fulfilling our promotions.|
|Public Health and Safety||In certain situations where a serious public health threat has been identified, we may collect information from customers and other individuals accessing our stores and/or other facilities. This may include medical and health information, such as body temperature, symptoms, and underlying health conditions.||We have a legitimate interest in protecting the health and safety of our customers and visitors. In some jurisdictions, we may be required by law, regulation, or governmental order to collect and retain information related to issues of public health and safety. We have a legitimate interest in complying with the laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate.|
|Sweepstakes or Contests||When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest, we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.||We have a legitimate interest in operating the sweepstakes. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about those who enter into our sweepstakes, and we have a legitimate interest in complying with those laws.|
|Website Interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.|
|Web Logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our website. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.|
How We Use Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or our stores.
- To provide products and accept and process product returns.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To recommend products or services.
- To provide product search and streamline the checkout process.
- To conduct analytics.
- To communicate with you, such as to respond to and/or follow up on your requests, inquiries, issues, or feedback.
- To send marketing, promotional, and advertising materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions, or those of our business partners.
- To detect and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including violation of our policies and terms and conditions, security incidents, and harm to the rights, property, or safety of our company and our users, employees, or others.
- To debug, identify, and repair errors that impair the existing intended functionality of our website.
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, and to defend against a legal claim.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
- For such other purposes as you may consent (from time to time).
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase, we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
To the extent we maintain and use personal information in a deidentified form, we will not attempt to reidentify the information, except for the purpose of determining whether our deidentification processes satisfy our legal obligations.
How We Share Information
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, our business, or our assets, or merge with us, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third-party intermediary.
- Public. Our website may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things, service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may disclose your information to other third parties when we have your consent or direction to do so.
Some jurisdictions give you a right to make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access to Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information or confirmation that we have and/or process information about you. In certain limited circumstances, you may also request to receive access to your data in a portable, machine-readable format.
- Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Our website and mobile application may allow you to modify or delete your account profile. If our website or mobile application does not permit you to update or correct certain information, you can contact us at the address described below in order to request that your information by modified. You may ask us to correct information that is inaccurate or incomplete. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information. You may request that we delete your personal information. If required by law, we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations, we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another business purpose.
- Opt-out of Sales and/or Targeted Advertising. Although we do not “sell” your personal information for money, we may use some of your personal information for advertising performance analysis, use your information for audience modeling for ongoing advertising, and/or disclose your information to data brokers, which may constitute a “sale” under certain privacy laws. You may opt out of online tracking-based targeted advertising (e.g., cookies) by clicking the “Privacy Preferences” link on our homepage. Please note that if you change browsers or computers, or if you clear your browser’s cache, you may need to click the link again to apply your preference. You may also opt out of other forms of targeted advertising by submitting a request via that link.
- Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use or disclosure of your personal information by contacting us at the address described below.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize the “Do Not Track” signal.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications.
- Revocation of Consent. Where we process your personal information based upon consent, you may revoke consent. Please note that if you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services.
Please note that not all of the rights described above are absolute, and they do not apply in all circumstances. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request because the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. We will not discriminate against individuals who exercise their privacy rights under applicable law.
You may exercise the rights described above by contacting us as indicated in the Contact Information section below. If you disagree with how we handled a request, you may appeal our decision by contacting us with the subject line “Appeal.”
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, the last item you purchased from us, or the date of your last purchase from us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct, or delete personal information about you in our files.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual, you must attach a copy of a completed Authorized Agent Designation Form indicating that you are able to act on another person’s behalf.
How We Protect And Retain Information
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Our website and mobile application permit you to create an account. When you do, you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Transmission Of Information To Other Countries
Your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible, we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction, you can contact us using the contact information below. You may also request a copy of any Standard Contractual Clauses we use for the transfer of your data outside of the EEA, which includes the categories of information transferred by contacting us using the contact information below.
For your convenience, we may provide links to websites and other third-party content or services that we do not own or operate. The websites and third-party content to which we link may have separate privacy notices or policies. Please note that we have no control over the privacy practices websites, or services that we do not own. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party website or application for details about such third party’s privacy practices.
True Classic Tees
26635 Agoura Rd, Ste 105
Calabasas, CA, 91302
Toll Free Number: +1 833 702 3277
If you are not satisfied with our response and are in the European Union or United Kingdom, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Additional Information For California Residents
- California Shine the Light. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing, please submit a written request to us using the information in the Contact Information section above.
- California Notice of Financial Incentive. We offer programs, such as our True Classic Membership Program, that provide certain perks (the “Rewards Programs”). These may include store credit on initial sign-up; back-in-store credit on every order; store credit for referrals; other exclusive, members-only sales, rewards, and store credits; free shipping on every order; and exclusive access to future products. When you sign up for a Rewards Program, we may ask you to provide your name, email address, telephone number, billing address, and credit or debit card information. Under California law, Rewards Programs, such as the True Classic Membership Program, might be interpreted as a “financial incentive” program as it involves the collection of personal information. We do not assign a monetary value to the information we collect. Based on our reasonable estimate, the value of your personal information to us is related to the value of the free or discounted products or services that you obtain when you purchase a membership or otherwise participate in a Rewards Program. This value is based on the expense related to offering those discounted products and exclusive perks. You may withdraw from participating in the True Classic Membership Program at any time through the account portal or by contacting our customer support team at [email protected]. Please visit the True Classic Membership Program page, our Terms and Conditions page, our Customer Referral Program page to view full program rules, including how to join.
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Recipients|
|Disclosures for a Business Purpose||Sell and/or Share for Cross-Context Behavioral Advertising|
|Identifiers – this may include real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||
|Government Issued Identification – this may include social security number, driver’s license number, or state issued identification number, passport number.|
|Financial information – this may include bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information.||
|Health-related information – this may include medical information or mental or physical condition or treatment.||
|Characteristics of protected classifications – this may include things such as gender.||
|Commercial information – this may include information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||
|Internet or other electronic network activity information – this may include browsing history, search history, and information regarding an individual’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.||
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||
|Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above||
|Additional categories of personal information described in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) – this may include credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information, and physical characteristics or description.||
- California Sensitive Information Disclosure. We collect the following categories of sensitive personal information (as defined under California law): account log-in; financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; precise geolocation; and information concerning health. This information is collected in order to process transactions, comply with laws, manage our business, or provide you with services. Note that we do not use such information for any purposes that are not identified within California Privacy Rights Act Section 1798.121. We do not “sell” or “share” sensitive personal information for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising.
Effective Date: September 20, 2023
Last Updated: September 24, 2023